Academy of Aviation

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Current Information for International Students

Practical training is the only type of work permission available to M-1 students. It allows students to get on-the-job training that is not available in their home country. Eligible students may have up to six months of practical training after they complete their program. While a principal/designated school official (P/DSO) recommends practical training in SEVIS, it is the student who must apply for the work permit with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), using the Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization).

Academy of Aviation will assist you in filing all of the necessary documentation and paying fees; you will not have to figure all of this out on your own! If the practical training is approved, USCIS will issue an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). The student must have the EAD before starting work. M-1 students are eligible for one month of post-completion practical training for every four months of full-time study, up to a maximum of six months of practical training.

Academy of Aviation will meet with each student wanting to pursue CPT as a Flight Instructor to evaluate the number of months of predicted eligibility for CPT upon completion of their Commercial Pilot course.

International Students

Request More Information

Please use the form below to request more information about all of our Flight Training programs and locations.

You Have the Dream,
We Give it Wings