Join Stephen Maltz, Certified Flight Instructor with Academy of Aviation, as he takes Buzzfeed through a real Cessna flight and sees how it compares to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
What are your future employers looking for when hiring?
• High-hour pilots, especially those with more Pilot in
• Advanced experience with Multi-Engine hours.
• Experience flying in different airspaces.
• Additional ratings instead of simple timebuilding hours.
Academy of Aviation is dedicated to making you the best candidate for an airline, charter, cargo or other professional pilot career.
"What do you want (or don't want) as a flight school student?"
We asked a total of 50 AoA applicants from all over the world, and here's what we heard from the majority of them:
"I don't want to sit around waiting to be scheduled for whatever the reason, such as lack of available planes, bad weather, too many students, too few instructors, maintenance holdups, a busy airport, etc."Academy of Aviation's solution-based training offers to meet your needs as a student to get you recognized as a top candidate for your future piloting career. Take advantage of our Private Pilot, Instrument Rating, Commercial Single and Multi-Engine Program for less than $35,000. And, it's not based on FAA minimum hours.
"I want the best training at a good price in aircraft that I feel safe flying. I'm not rich, but I don't want to jeopardize my life just to save a few dollars."
"School isn't supposed to be fun, but I want to enjoy my training. I came to the states for an overall experience, and I wanted to learn in many places."
"I don't want to stay at a school if I don't like it. Some schools want full payment and then you are stuck."
• Add Flight Instructor Ratings and log up to a total of 1,000 hours, in both single and multi-engine aircraft.
• Academy of Aviation is the only flight school in the nation offering Tuition Reimbursement for International Students.
• We have 4 campuses to choose from. You can and should choose to fly at all of our campuses.
• You will be scheduled 5 days per week. We do not want you wasting time that could be spent flying.
• We will help you create a payment schedule to ensure we are the right fit for each other. No student should feel as if they're being held hostage by a flight school.
Academy of Aviation vs. Competitors Price Comparison
Academy of Aviation Price
Cessna 152 Tuition Estimate: Private Pilot, Instrument Rating, Commercial Single and Multi
- 4 Campus Options, all M1 visa approved. Fly the East Coast of the US at each campus to maximize your training experience.
- Accelerated Training Finish in 5-6 months.
- We are Visa and Immigration Information and Comparison Experts.
- FAA Part 141 and 61 Training.
- Simulator Flight Day 1, Aircraft Flight Day 2. Ground Class in parallel with flying.
- CFIs are AOA Employees, not independent contractors.
- Dedicated Maintenance Team at each campus for quick aircraft turnaround.
- Budget Friendly C-152s and Cutting Edge Fleet of C172's with G1000® and Diamond DA42 Twin Star.
- Ample "Rolling" Fleet so there is no shortage of aircraft.
- Upgrade to the Cessna 172 G1000® for your Instrument Rating: add $1,470.
- Upgrade to the Cessna 172 G1000® for your Whole Program: add $9,205.
- *Tuition Estimate Hours: PPL 50 hours, IR 36 hours, Commercial Single 110 hours, Multi Engine 10 hours
Private Pilot, Instrument Rating, Commercial Single and Multi.
- 1 campus option
- No Accelerated Option, 12+ months to complete.
- 1-3 month ground school before you touch an airplane.
- Too many students, not enough planes.
- Operations are not knowledgeable about other countrys' Civil Aviation Authority Requirements to co-validate your FAA Training.
Cessna 172 G1000
- Republic Airport (KFRG) in Farmingdale, Long Island, New York is just minutes away from JFK International and Spadaro Airports. Between these two airports, you will have the experience and competence to travel anywhere in the World. Your flight training here will make you capable of (and comfortable with) flying into complex controlled airspace like JFK, and show you what it is like to be landing at an airport where you are the sole arrival and departure of the day. We have 11,000 foot runways and grass strips for you to jumpstart your flight training. Also, just minutes to the north, we have mountains and many different types of terrain for you to familiarize yourself with- an integral factor in your comfort level at the controls of an aircraft is knowledge and recognition of your surroundings. We feel this locale is absolutely perfect for everyone- from first time flyers to long time pros.
- Westchester County Airport (KHPN) in White Plains, New York is home of a dynamic General Aviation community as well as a focal point for Charters and Business aviation. Your training here will benefit from the exact same conditions that we enjoy in Farmingdale - experience in dense controlled airspace as well as flying to small and large uncontrolled airports just minutes away.
- Gastonia Municipal Airport (KAKH) in Charlotte/Gastonia, North Carolina is located just outside of Charlotte in the Piedmont region of central North Carolina, which consists of gently rolling terrain frequently broken by hills, river and creek valleys, and low, isolated mountain ridges. The highest point in Gaston County is King's Pinnacle, a rocky monadnock which sharply rises over 800 feet (240 m) above the city of Gastonia. King's Pinnacle rises 1,690 feet (520 m) above sea level, and is part of Crowders Mountain State Park.
- Atlanta Regional Airport-Falcon Field (KFFC) in Peachtree/Atlanta, Georgia. "With its unique mix of old southern charm and modern hospitality, Peachtree City is a memorable destination for people of all kinds." This small town has much to offer, plus all the benefits of the large, metropolitan city of Atlanta minutes away. With its 5,768′ runway that can accommodate aircraft up to 60,000 pounds, Atlanta Regional Airport – Falcon Field has become one of the premier airports of the southeast.
International Student Achievements
More photos at
Ananya Jain earns her private pilot license in Farmingdale.
Anukriti Madhra celebrates becoming a Commercial Pilot in Gastonia.
Archana Siyal passes her Single-Engine Commercial check ride.
Jinnia Gupta passes her Instrument check ride.
Nikita Mehta passes her Private Pilot check ride.
Starlyn Jose Tavarez De La Rosa successfully graduates after taking his Multi-Engine Commercial check ride.
Can't decide where to train?
International Students, you can fly at all of our campuses.